Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Blogging

The blog that we created in this class is my first 'real' blog. I think that it could be a very useful tool in many cases. I don't really have too much to write about that is going to be useful information for everyone. I like to write more than a sentence when I do a post!

I think this could be a good tool for conveying information in a high school classroom because computers are so resourceful now. Children spend more time on the computers than they spend doing anything else. If they are not on facebook or myspace then they are having to do research for class! It's a fast way to provide information including, pictures and web links. Using the web, especially blogs may also hinder kids from getting the social, face to face, contact that they need. Sometimes it is harder to convey a message or ask a question when you are not face to face with a person or teacher. The words that one may use could be intrepreted in numerous ways.

Overall, blogging is fun, and is a useful way to present information. I think if we had a topic to discuss that lead into a threaded discussion it would be more useful!

No comments: